Family Owned & Operated Since 1998

Has Your Car Been Impounded? Here’s What To Do

We’re sorry that your vehicle has been impounded. Fortunately, with the right documentation, retrieving it from Edd’s Towing is easy. Here’s what you’ll need, depending on your circumstances:

1. If You Have Been Involved in an Accident And Your Car is at Our Storage Lot

Let your insurance company know immediately. Give them our phone number (817-431-4569) and address (708 B Katy Rd. Keller, TX 76244) so your adjuster can do their estimate and tell you what you need to do next.

Some adjusters will move your car before doing their estimate. After they complete their estimate, your car will be taken to a body shop, if repairable. Or, it may go to the insurance company’s salvage pool lot if it’s being totaled.

2. If Your Car Has Been Towed in For Other Police Matters

In this situation, the registered owner of the vehicle, or the person designated by the registered owner of vehicle on applicable form VSF 12 or VSF 13, will have to pay the fees owed against the vehicle and get the vehicle in person. If you are not the registered owner, to get your vehicle, you must have applicable form VSF 12 or VSF 13 completed and notarized with you, along with a government-issued photo ID.

As always, proof of your liability insurance can facilitate this process.

Download Form VSF012
Download Form VSF013

Questions or concerns? Call Edd’s towing at 817-431-4569 and a friendly representative will help you.